To ensure that we all precede good judgment we have a warning policy that follows a “2 out of 10” rule. This means that if you receive 2 yellow cards within the last 10 assignments, it will result in a red card. A red card means that you are immediately suspended from the Upgig app and all your booked future assignments are canceled.
If you receive a yellow card but complete 10 approved assignments after that, the yellow card will disappear.
Warnings are given for the following reasons:
- No show (not found) = Direct shutdown
- Violation of Upgig's Terms of Service / Code of Conduct = Direct Suspension
- Unreported incident = 1st yellow card
- Non professional behaviour = 1st yellow card
- Late cancellation = 1st yellow card
- Late arrival = 1st yellow card
- Deviation from assignment before the assignment is completed = 1st yellow card
Failure to follow clear directives (Some assignments have clear requirements that you wear uniform / work clothes, that you return equipment after the work pass, etc.) = 1st yellow card
- If you have been awarded a yellow card or have been suspended (red card) that contradicts your opinion, you have the opportunity to appeal the decision within 7 days. Here you can apply for a card to be removed
To ensure a high quality of delivery and communication, we follow a strict policy regarding cancellation of assignments. Cancellation of work assignments must be done no later than 24 hours before the start of the assignment. In case of later cancellation, a warning is issued (yellow card).
Late cancellation for legitimate reasons
We understand that things can happen for legitimate reasons, such as illness, etc., that make you unable to complete a gig, or be forced to cancel an approved assignment. If this should happen, please be responsible and contact the client on the telephone (call, leave message) and sms (if no answer on the phone) as well as in the chat in the app to ensure that the information is communicated to all relevant persons as early as possible. In the event of illness, you may be asked to submit a medical certificate confirming your illness or emergency.
Important to know: Your absence will automatically trigger a yellow card according to the category "late cancellation" and you must act by submitting your valid absentee notification via the "Appeal Decision" form to cancel your yellow card. We recommend this to be done within the next 48 hours.